- It was great meeting with many of you for conferences last Thursday night. The rest of the conferences will be this Monday, November 13th. If you are unable to attend, please let me know so we can set up another day or time.
- Mark your calendars for Friday, December 8. That is the date for the Reede Gray Holiday concert. It will be held in the high school gymnasium. Students have been working hard on their special songs. You won't want to miss it!
- In Reader's Workshop this week we are continuing with Unit 3. Comprehension skills in this unit are determining what is most important in a text and understanding the sequence of events in a story or article. We continue to respond to what we read by writing in our Response Journals.
- We are finishing up our study of money in math. Students need to know the name and value of coins, count mixed groups of coins, and find multiple ways to make a given amount of money. This is an easy unit to practice at home. Have your child count the change you have in your wallet, pocket, or purse. Our next unit will be on place value up to the thousands. We encourage the students to review and practice math skills at home. See the websites link on this page.
- Math homework will be coming home every Tuesday.
- Students should return their second November At-Home Reading slip this week. The third slip for November will come home on Monday. Remember, students should read 15 minutes/day or a total of at least 75 minutes for the week. Students who return all four recording slips in the month will earn a prize.
- Our Word Work for this week words with the /ar/ sound such as card, shark, and party. You can access the list for the week by going to Spelling City. This great website provides motivating practice in spelling skills. Here is a link to the website: http://www.spellingcity.com/sjbaldwin/
- We go to the media center to get new books on Tuesday. Each child can check out 4 books, two to take home and two to put in their book bins for reading in school. Please help your child remember to return books on Tuesday.
- We continue to review and practice our good Cardinal Code behaviors throughout the school settings. Many students are earning a lot of Cardinal coins for their great behavior! Our Cardinal Word of the month is Sharing.
- As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about your child or what is happening in our classroom. Good communication is so important for a successful school year for your child.